PlayStation 4 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread

+4
AK-Sloth
lights
ProfessorPanda
Thirty3Three
8 posters

Go down

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread Empty Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 am

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread 60277011

Release date: September 17, 2013

Killzone: Mercenary is a new first-person shooter in the Killzone series, developed specifically for the PlayStation Vita platform and powered by the stunning Killzone engine. Starting just after the ending of the original Killzone, and revisiting many of the events from the Killzone trilogy, the game puts players in the rugged combat boots of a mercenary named Arran Danner. Danner is a former UCA-soldier who has no qualms about taking on paid contracts from the ISA as well as the Helghast.

When a seemingly routine mission to evacuate the Vektan Ambassador and his family in Pyrrhus goes awry, Danner discovers that the outcome of the war could very well depend on the fate of the Ambassador’s young son. With both sides going to increasingly desperate lengths to get hold of the boy, he begins to wonder whether the price of victory is really worth the paycheck.

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread 84297210

Comprised of nine single-player missions — each nearly an hour in length— Killzone: Mercenary delivers a full Killzone experience in a portable package. Completed missions unlock additional replay challenges, with a host of special objectives to accomplish. The game also boasts a full-fledged multiplayer mode with six maps tailored for eight players and three different game types, including the popular Warzone mode.

In keeping with the soldier-for-hire theme, every action in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better you perform, the higher your payout – not just in the single-player campaign, but also in the multiplayer mode. The wages you collect are deposited into a single bank account, so the money you earn in the campaign missions can also be used to buy gear and weapons for multiplayer matches, and vice versa.

Killzone: Mercenary makes full use of PlayStation Vita’s considerable input and graphics capabilities. It enhances the familiar dual-stick FPS control scheme with touch controls for actions such as brutal melee, and with tilt controls for accurate sniper aiming. The game even uses the powerful Killzone 3 engine to bring its massive environments and impressive set pieces to life. But don’t just take our word for it — watch the trailer above, and check out the new screens in this post.

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread 84308010

Stay tuned to Killzone.com and PlayStation.Blog, because we’ll have a behind-the-scenes interview with game director Piers Jackson soon.

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread Origin10

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread Killzo10

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread Killzo11

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-vita-september-17th-new-trailer-and-screens/

Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

https://ps4forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread Empty Re: Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread

Post by ProfessorPanda Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:22 am

I have high hopes for this game, but I will not be buying it until the reviews come out. Two First Person Shooters have been released on Vita, both have been mediocre. I refuse to get burned by another.
ProfessorPanda
ProfessorPanda

Back to top Go down

Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread Empty Re: Official Killzone: Mercenary Thread

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:30 am

@Panda, 

Yeah man! I'm just glad it's being made by a team other than Nihilstic you know?
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPanda Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:47 am

Its Guerrilla Games, the developers of the other Killzone games, making this game. I believe its the first time that the original developer of a major franchise has brought that franchise to Vita.

I just hope this game has an actual story or the single player will probably be as compelling as Unit 13.
ProfessorPanda
ProfessorPanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:20 am

ProfessorPanda wrote:Its Guerrilla Games, the developers of the other Killzone games, making this game. I believe its the first time that the original developer of a major franchise has brought that franchise to Vita.

I just hope this game has an actual story or the single player will probably be as compelling as Unit 13.
As do I!

I've heard some good things coming from people who've attended E3!
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lights Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 am

I think they did a pretty nice job on the box art too!
lights
lights

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

lights wrote:I think they did a pretty nice job on the box art too!
I think so as well! I'm truly psyched for it! Smile
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AK-Sloth Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm

This game looks fun as hell. I will for sure be picking this one up.
AK-Sloth
AK-Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by noobtaco Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:18 am

I am in a serious need for a good fps multiplayer game for my vita.

this might be guys. hell yeah.
noobtaco
noobtaco

Back to top Go down

Post by darkreaper006 Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Lights is a girl? Surprised , thats what devin looks like? Surprised 

what the hell is happening to this world!!!...

Ps. Killzone Mercenary FTW.
darkreaper006
darkreaper006

Back to top Go down

Post by sephiroth Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Man, the VITA is such a nifty piece of hardware isnt it? I remember the gameboy as a kid, and I would have never in a million years believed handhelds would have console level graphics on them.
sephiroth
sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:25 pm

darkreaper006 wrote:Lights is a girl? Surprised , thats what devin looks like? Surprised 

what the hell is happening to this world!!!...

Ps. Killzone Mercenary FTW.

No, and no. Razz

This world just got better Wink

KZM! WHOO!
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:26 pm

sephiroth wrote:Man, the VITA is such a nifty piece of hardware isnt it? I remember the gameboy as a kid, and I would have never in a million years believed handhelds would have console level graphics on them.
I agree, 100%!! I'm so glad we have this tech!
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noobtaco Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:56 pm

sephiroth wrote:Man, the VITA is such a nifty piece of hardware isnt it? I remember the gameboy as a kid, and I would have never in a million years believed handhelds would have console level graphics on them.

Yeah, I still have those toughts.....
Its a shame developers and sony dont take it seriously and keep doing bullshit ios and stupid mini games......I do hope KZ sales are high.....well, only if the game is fucking damn good.
noobtaco
noobtaco

Back to top Go down

Post by johngie Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:03 am

This game looks amazing, although it's not actually being developed by the team behind the Killzone series. It's being done by Guerrilla Cambridge, a new offshoot of Guerrilla. Guerrilla actually did develop Killzone: Liberation for the PSP in-house though.
johngie
johngie

Back to top Go down

Post by sephiroth Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:43 pm

johngie wrote:This game looks amazing, although it's not actually being developed by the team behind the Killzone series. It's being done by Guerrilla Cambridge, a new offshoot of Guerrilla. Guerrilla actually did develop Killzone: Liberation for the PSP in-house though.

Interesting. Will still probably be good. I would imagine they are at least communicating with the main team, so their game is related, and represents the series correctly.
sephiroth
sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by AK-Sloth Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

johngie wrote:This game looks amazing, although it's not actually being developed by the team behind the Killzone series. It's being done by Guerrilla Cambridge, a new offshoot of Guerrilla. Guerrilla actually did develop Killzone: Liberation for the PSP in-house though.
GG did keep a watchful eye over Cambridge though, to make sure the title lived up to the killzone name.
AK-Sloth
AK-Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:25 am

Just preordered Killzone M. Smile
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noobtaco Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 am

anyone got an extra key for the beta?
noobtaco
noobtaco

Back to top Go down

Post by AK-Sloth Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:31 pm

noobtaco wrote:anyone got an extra key for the beta?
I was going to ask the same thing.
AK-Sloth
AK-Sloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down