PlayStation 4 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Heated] Why do people die for their god?

5 posters

Go down

[Heated] Why do people die for their god? Empty [Heated] Why do people die for their god?

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Ok, I'm a Christian, but this really pisses me off.

People of other religions (namely, some Muslim ones)
They not only kill themselves in suicide attmepts, but kill others as well, because they believe they'll get to have a shitload of sex with virgins in Heaven... what?!
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

https://ps4forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Heated] Why do people die for their god? Empty Re: [Heated] Why do people die for their god?

Post by Joecool Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Well, who wouldn't like to have sex with virgins?

Since young, they are raised with that ideal for the sole purpose to cause terror. They just don't say it that way. They say it in the way that makes them look like martyrs and that it must be done for the greater good. 

Then they think that once dead, they will get laid with virgins.
Joecool
Joecool

Back to top Go down

[Heated] Why do people die for their god? Empty Re: [Heated] Why do people die for their god?

Post by Thirty3Three Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Joecool wrote:Well, who wouldn't like to have sex with virgins?

Since young, they are raised with that ideal for the sole purpose to cause terror. They just don't say it that way. They say it in the way that makes them look like martyrs and that it must be done for the greater good. 

Then they think that once dead, they will get laid with virgins.

To your first part, Cha-Chingggg Wink

And I see what ya mean! They certainly are ruining their lived though, don't you think?
Thirty3Three
Thirty3Three
Admin
Admin

https://ps4forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joecool Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Yup, but every time someone wants to do something against it, they get flamed and labeled as a racist.
Joecool
Joecool

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPanda Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Religion as a whole is a joke. Muslim, 1000 virgins, really? Just think of all the blood!

Catholics / Christian's, turn the other cheek does not mean the other ass cheek. Stop condemning homosexuality when half the priests are closeted homosexuals who rape underage alter boys.

Jews.... Yeah, you've been through enough Troll Face

Buddhists.... Fuck you!

All the other irrelevant religions.... well  you're irrelevant!
ProfessorPanda
ProfessorPanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Joecool Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Religions are irrelevant. 

What I hate the most are catholic priests that rape boys. I'm sure a pope has done it too.
Joecool
Joecool

Back to top Go down

Post by noobtaco Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:11 pm

In the 21st century, to me, religions are unecessary and useless.
We dont need them anymore. Right now the only thing I see they do, is create a conflict of ideals, power, and a conflict in comfort.... therefore we cant fucking move forward as a whole.

Religion is something that shouldnt be taken so seriously. Why the fuck whatever shit that the pope says, a good % of the human kind take it as words of wisdom, the word of god, as anything!

Thats why I think all the killing and stupid shit comes from.
Taking something without one logical fundament as a pillar for life making decitions. Basically it just fucks your mind and view of the world, so yeah, klling other human beings for no real reason is one of the damages.....
I'm not spiritual or religious, I dont believe in Jehova, Odin, Vishnu, Goku, Superman, Yahve or Astaroth.....maybe Emma Watson, she is pretty hot.

....bur yeah, maybe all religions are not violent per se. but they all have no solid ground.
noobtaco
noobtaco

Back to top Go down

Post by noobtaco Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh wait, I actually didnt answer the question directly....ahaha.
I  think people die for their god cause they are crazy fucking retards.
noobtaco
noobtaco

Back to top Go down

Post by Joecool Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 am

You pointed out some very important aspects of it though. I completely agree, but I do believe in Goku.
Joecool
Joecool

Back to top Go down

Post by sephiroth Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Basically, there are fanatics for any religion, or belief system in general. You can look at extremes, and sometimes its easy to make generalizations that appear to be true, but that makes you just as bad in some ways, as the people you hate for judging others.

"Religion" puts a bad taste in peoples' mouths because it is closely associated with the sheepish behavior of many avid members of any particular denomination. This thread seems to be railing on the Catholics so we'll go with that.

They've had a pretty terrible past, and I imagine are still doing some underhanded things. But, when it comes down to it, most people you are going to meet, if you live in the United States, isn't going to be all that bad, even if they are associated with a major religion who has a shady past.

Going back to the original topic, I can tell you, the Qur'an does not teach death, destruction, and terror, but, just like the Christian bible has been changed and altered for political gain. And to control a certain group of people.

Its important to be respectful, and don't allow yourself to become a mirror of what you disapprove of and spew just as much hatred fueled by your own opinion as you feel is being thrown at you.

(unless we're talking about the westborrow baptist church, in which case, you should probably just throw rocks at them, or anything available.)
sephiroth
sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum